Saturday, June 22, 2013

Goodwill Fun

I grew up buying my doll's clothes at the Goodwill store. Then, before it was even the trend, I started buying men's flannel shirts there. Eventually, I looked forward to going and buying a lot of my clothes at Goodwill and other secondhand stores. When the economy started tanking several years ago, consignment and secondhand stores became all the rage. People were flocking to buy clothes on the cheap. Over the years, I have continued to browse and recently, I started becoming a thrift store junkie. In order to shop at a Goodwill, you must have patience. There are literally racks and racks of clothing to go through, but when you find that gem, it is all worth it. The stores have a ton of the "Better Quality" aka name brand merchandise on separate racks so I hit those first. Then, I go through my size in the shirts, dresses, pants, skirts and blazers. Books are always my last stop before I leave. Our Goodwill stores here in Arizona have 50% off Saturdays every other week. They also offer a monthly coupon for 20% off your purchases (on $10 or more) the rest of the month. I signed up at their website and the coupon gets emailed to me every month. If you decide to give secondhand a try, always look over the clothing for rips, snags, tears, missing buttons, etc. - some things can be easily fixed (buttons), but you don't want to fall in love with something and get it home to discover it has a flaw that you can't fix.

For today's post, I am going to show you some of my new purchases from Goodwill. I spent under $50 for all this, plus some non-clothing items. It was a good day at Goodwill for me.


Jeans are always a nightmare for me so imagine my surprise when I scored three pair - the J-Jill (first) were $3.19, the Calvin Klein capris (middle) were $7.99 and the Gloria Vanderbilt (last) were $3.19 - my plan was to make a pair into denim cutoffs, but now I'm not so sure because they all look cute on
 

Tahari Jacket - paid $6.19 - this will go perfect with my white capris and blue heels



Coldwater Creek Cardigan - paid $6.19 - this will look cute with jeans, capris or a summer skirt


I love burnout t-shirts. This one is by Rue 21 - paid $3.99. It has the same color as the cardigan above. Will look cute with jeans or my white capri pants


Ok - this was my oddball purchase. I could not resist this vintage Mickey Mouse t-shirt. Paid $2.49. I see it with jeans, black blazer and my red heels or black flats.


The perfect denim jacket by Old Navy - paid $3.19. It is a dark rinse and fits like a glove. I see this with a lot of my wardrobe items.


Ralph Lauren shorts - paid $3.19 - these are kind of funky - not quite dressy, but not quite casual. I'll have to play around with tops and shoes to see what combos I can come up with


   
White belt with linen buckle - paid $.90 - this will look cute with my white capris or my jeans with a t-shirt



No comments:

Post a Comment