Monday, July 1, 2013

Bachelorette Party

One of my teammates here in Arizona is getting married in October, but she is moving back to California in a few weeks. Affectionately known as Slam Helliot on the track, she has become one of my closest friends and I will miss her tremendously. We have spent many nights in my pool gabbing around the "table of truth", hanging out in the hot tub until the wee hours of the morning, dancing our feet off on the Wii and skating our hearts out on the track in bouts. I was truly honored when she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and I look forward to standing up for her on her special day, but I am sad that she will be leaving Arizona. Cheers to you my friend!!!



This weekend was Slam's bachelorette party - something I have not experienced in recent history. The bridal party and most of our team crash landed in Scottsdale for a day and night of debauchery. We had a suite at the W Hotel which was filled with an excessive amount of alcohol and food for everyone to enjoy. We spent the fourth hottest day on record (it was 119) in the pool at the hotel. Then, we all donned our finest black dresses and colorful shoes (the bride's request) and dined at a local restaurant. Our plans were to hit up a club for some dancing, but the club was not jumping so we headed over to a local strip club (again, the bride's request) for some fun. It was quite the evening and I got home around 3am this morning - exhausted, but happy that we could make one of her last days here special.

Here's a few pics that I had a friend take of my outfit and a group shot of everyone just before dinner. I went with a jersey flare bandage dress, my favorite poppy colored heels, gold jewelry and a royal blue clutch - in honor of the Scrappers (my derby team). It was a fun night with a bunch of crazy women who mean the world to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment