Sunday, May 19, 2013

Casual Friday

Working at a law firm usually requires the utmost professional attire. Living in Arizona where the summers can reach 118-120 degrees means that most businesses tend to have some leeway on clothing. My firm has an unspoken policy about Fridays - everyone dresses causal, but it is not written down as policy. One of my attorneys is extremely casual - khakis and a polo shirt most days (except for hearings, depos, etc.). The other attorney - he is a true fashion plate. He has one of the best wardrobes of any man I have ever met. Any time I have a question on what to wear to an event - he's my guy. He also notices any new article of clothing that I wear. That being said, he NEVER does casual Friday. For awhile, I did not dress down, but after that first summer - yeah, screw that!!! I try to stay semi-professional - jeans with heels, jeans with boots, etc. Today, I went a different path. Maxi dresses and skirts are on trend right now so I thought I would give my maxi skirt a test run to see how he would handle it. He seemed to take it pretty well and I was very comfortable all afternoon. The skirt is Mossimo by Target, the tank is by Old Navy, the shrug I scored at Goodwill of Central Arizona, the belt is by XOXO, the purchase and jewelry are from Charming Charlies and the sandals are from Target.






No comments:

Post a Comment