Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Desert Cancer Foundation of Arizona Wine Tasting

This past Sunday night, I was fortunate to attend the Seventh Annual Desert Cancer Foundation of Arizona Wine Tasting and Silent Auction. One of the attorneys in my firm is the President and my boss was generous enough to give me his tickets. Having never attended a function like this before, I called ahead to confirm the attire - I was told "you'll see everything from shorts to cocktail dresses". Ooookkkaayyy!!! That narrows it down for me. 

My husband is not fond of dressing up so we decided to go with jeans and a dressy shirt/blouse.  I just purchased a new pair of jeans that I am so in love with - the Old Navy Rockstar Demi Boot. I bought them in a dark rinse and let me say - these jeans make my ass and legs look good. I have long legs to start with and these really elongate them even further. What made this the score of the century is that they actually fit at my waist and do not gap which is a HUGE problem for me with jeans. I topped the jeans with this shirt from Old Navy and added my Nine West Karoo sandals in Midnight Blue (similar here). For accessories, I wore a royal blue statement necklace which really popped off of the stark white blouse. I added my new royal blue clutch to tie the outfit all together. I felt very confident and chic. I also won a bottle of wine, two CD's and a baggy of truffles. I'd say the night was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment