Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Foundation Fun

Growing up, I had really sensitive skin and problems with acne. Probably from not washing my face properly - what, wiping your makeup off with a wet washcloth doesn't count???

As I got older, my skin really did not improve much. A lot of the makeup that I used to wear was now causing my skin to look like a teenage nightmare. I was getting desperate until a friend mentioned Bare Minerals. I checked it out late one night on QVC (told ya I was desperate) and decided to give it a try. It really did live up to the hype. Great coverage, did not break me out - what more could I ask for?? Well...maybe a cheaper price tag. Fast forward to three months ago - I was home watching TV late one night (I see a dangerous pattern forming here) and a commercial came on for Almay Smart Shade Mousse Makeup. There was Kate Hudson sporting glowing beautiful skin. The commercial went on to explain that as you blend it into your skin, it turned the proper shade that your makeup should be. Hmph!! Okay...that caught my eye. So I got up the next morning and went straight to Target and purchased a jar.






Hello new best friend!!!

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I blend it in using my Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush and lemme just say - it is one of the best foundations I have ever used. The big test was - will it break my skin out. I am ecstatic to say that my face has accepted this new foundation. I use the light medium shade and it blends into the perfect shade for my skin tone. What is really cool is that as you put this on your skin, it is a white color and you are able to see where you are blending this in. It is not too heavy and provides decent coverage in my 8 hour work day. I have received a lot of compliments on my makeup since I changed to this foundation and it really makes me feel confident when I leave the house each morning.







No comments:

Post a Comment