Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fun with Hats

Hats are really on trend right now and they actually do serve a purpose besides a whimsical touch to an outfit. Living in Arizona, the sun beats down on my head and let me tell ya - sunburn on the scalp is so not fun. This year, the fedora seems to have taken hold of the fashion world and women are rocking all different colors and styles. I personally love the fedora, but I also have to be selective on the style. 

My first foray into the world of hats was at Old Navy. They have a few different styles and I snagged this great summer hat on sale. While mine has a soft coral band, I am kinda digging this neon. Would be a great pop of color to brighten an outfit. What I love the most about this hat is that it is soft and not rigid on my scalp. I can wear it tilted forward more or bend the brim up so that my peepers show.




This next hat is my new one by Calvin Klein. The banding is a gorgeous bright orange that is really hot right now. I love this hat because the brim is so easy to play with - sides up, sides down, front up or down, back up or down. Each time I play with the brim, it gives me an entire different look. This one will be great for sitting poolside at my team staycation in July.

Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. Hats are a great way to jazz up an outfit and provide a functional accessory to your wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment