Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lotsa Dots

Patterns scare me at times because they draw attention to whatever area of the body that you are wearing them on. I try not to wear them on my bottom half because Lord knows I do NOT need any attention to that half of my body. But...this past spring, polka dots made a comeback and I really did like a lot of the different styles. Some were pin dots, others were in your face polka dots. When my mother was visiting this past winter, I found a gorgeous fitted red jacket and another yellow fitted jacket. I knew immediately that I wanted a polka dot top to go with them. Before the day was over, I managed to snag a cute black/white patent leather polka dot tote and my version of the perfect top. This blouse (by Target) is a sleeveless scoop neck with a slight ruffling at the neckline. It is made of a lightweight cotton so it went perfectly under my jackets and will carry over in the summer when the weather turns warm.

For today's look, I decided to pair my polka dot blouse with a ruched 3/4 length sleeve cardigan by Talbots and my DKNY skinny trousers. Because I am trying to avoid heels until my MRI is done tomorrow, I went with cognac flats. I was a little concerned about pairing black/brown, but I tied this outfit together with my leopard print scarf. I finished my outfit off with simple gold hoop earrings, a gold bracelet, my favorite boyfriend watch, a burnished gold statement ring and a neutral colored ostrich skin purse. I feel put together, yet comfortable. I also did something I have never tried - pattern mixing. I've never mixed patterns before because I am not confident in doing it the correct way, but I feel like I hit a decent stride with this outfit.
Purse by London Fog; Shoes by X-Appeal
Scarf from Marshalls

Ring by Avon; Bracelet by Charming Charlies, Watch by Charming Charlies



No comments:

Post a Comment