Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring Green

I have never been into the color green. I can't say it's a color that evokes happiness and sunshine. "THE" color this year is Pantone Emerald. I fell in love with that color. This spring, the racks were filled with every conceivable article of clothing with this stunning color in it. While on the hunt for some summer clothes, I came across this cool and comfy maxi dress at Charming Charlies. It is a lightweight cotton with a rope belt. Very loose fitting and perfect for summer brunch on the patio. I paired this dress with a pair of black shell flip flops and my new favorite purse from Charming Charlies. I went minimalistic with my jewelry - simple sterling silver lock necklace by Tiffany's, men's watch from Charming Charlies and a pair of sterling silver earrings from TJMaxx.



I have also ventured out of my neutral color palette and tried a beautiful eye liner that is similar to the Pantone Emerald. Wet n Wild Mega Liner in Turquoise is a beautiful metallic liquid liner that goes on really smooth and adds a nice pop of color to my eyes. Don't let the inexpensive price tag (I paid $1.79 at Walgreens with my Rewards Card) fool you. This liner packs a punch and has staying power that rivals my favorite eye make up by Urban Decay. This is worth a try if you are looking to experiment with color out of your comfort zone without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment