Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pinky Swear

I love bold bright colors. Just looking at them makes me smile. Wearing them - now that is another story. The majority of my closet used to be made up of black, black and even more black. Sure, I had a few other colors tossed in there, but that mainly consisted of camisoles or sweaters. Last year, I joined Missus Smarty Pants, a great blog/forum that is run by a stylist who creates weekly style guides from everyday stores like Kohls, JCPenneys and Coldwater Creek. They also offer seasonal coloring for an additional nominal fee. I am what they consider a "Winter" (sorry the photo is so tiny).


With this palette in mind, I have been trying to purchase clothing that not only suits my pear shaped body, but also stay within my color ID. I think I managed to nail it with these pants. I have never been one to accentuate my lower half because of my rather large posterior, but these pants fit my waist and my hips (a win-win for me) so I couldn't resist. I also purchased them in a very bold color called orange blaze. These are made by Jones New York and they are the Battery Park Ankle Jeans (although they really do not look like jeans in my opinion).






 

I (like so many others) associate pink as a "girly" color and therefore, I tend to shy away from it, but the rich fuchsia color actually gives it more teeth. Bonus - I have several items already in my closet that will go with both pairs of pants. For today's outfit, I added a black lacy tank by Max Studio and a chunky gladiator sandal by Merona. To accessorize, I am wearing sterling silver earrings (no brand name), boyfriend watch from Charming Charlie, a silver/orange/fuchsia beaded necklace by New York & Co. and a pink bangle by Avon. I finished the outfit off with a black handbag by Mundi (purchased at Ross).


No comments:

Post a Comment